Leyton Collaborative Primary Care Network
Leyton Collaborative Primary Care Network (PCN) made up of three unique GP Practices (SMA Medical Centre, Leyton Healthcare and The Manor Practice) had its first Away Day on Saturday 29/10/2022. It was a great opportunity to discuss our achievements & challenges. Some of the key improvements in patient care at SMA Medical Centre are as follows:
- This involved routine visits for our Housebound patient’s by our PCN Paramedic
- Patients now have the opportunity to see a First Contact Physiotherapist on site for an initial assessment
- Our staff are effectively signposting patients to appropriate services leading to tangible improvements in patient care this has included an excellent uptake (the highest in Waltham Forest) in Community Pharmacy Consultation Services (CPCS) where our patients are triaged and get to see a Health Care Professional on the day.
- Social Prescriber providing support including Palliative care patients and their careers and many other vulnerable patients with social support needs.
- Team of Community Pharmacists providing Structured Mediation reviews with patients
During our Away Day we discussed the various Investment Improvement Framework (IIF) targets, namely Structured Medication Reviews, CPCS, Social Prescribing, Flu vaccinations and many other areas. In addition to also plan ahead, as a PCN our priorities for the coming year with our amazing and ever growing PCN (ARRs – Additional Roles Reimbursement Scheme) staff who have been invaluable members of the practice team – they have embedded well across all three practices. To top off the day’s activities was a ride down the UK’s tallest sculpture the ArcelorMittal Orbit...a great day out!
Published: Oct 31, 2022
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.