PPG Presentation 22nd October 2021
Covid-19 A period of change since March 2020
- Changes happened very quickly in the NHS, some happened over night!
- Conculations and appointments
- Prescriptions and medications
- Infections control requirements and presmises changes
- Clinical services
- General practice moved to digital first
- Patient advised to access their GP via eConsult
- Increased use of electronic prescribing Patients now only attend the practice if they have been asked to do so
Appointments, What is New?
- All on the day appointment requests are managed via eConsult unless it is not appropriate for a patient to do so
- All on the day eConsults are responded to by 2pm
- Video consultations have been introduced
- Premises have been risk assessed and changes implemented to create the most Covid secure environment possible
- Patients have been advised to wear a face covering when they attend unless they are exempt
Covid-19 Protecting our Patients & Staff
- Measures implemented to keep staff and patients safe
- Increases Infection Prevention & Control Measures
- Vulnerable patients contacted by clinicians for review and ensure adequate medicine supplies
- Childhood immunisations and cancer screening now prioritised
- Long Term Condition management continues via remote consulting methods and face to face as necessary
Will I be safe if I am invited to visit the Practice?
- Yes you will
- We will ensure that social distancing is maintained by regulating the number of patients at the practice and using clear signage
- We have robust infection control measures in place for cleaning and hand washing and sanitising
- Our staff will be wearing the correct PPE and patients are required to wear face coverings
A number of services experienced reduced provision during Covid-19, these are now being resumed or stepped up to ensure our patients receive the care they need
- Patient Participation
- Medication Reviews
- Cervical Screening
- Long Term Condition Management
- Travel Vaccinations
- Learning Disability Reviews
Winter Pressures and possible second wave
- We are keeping up to date with government guidance
- We are working with our Primary Care Network to introduce local services
- We are planning for a possible second wave by creating safe pathways for patients
Flu Vaccination Programme
- We are considering new and alternative ways to deliver the flu programme with Covid-19
- We will invite all eligible patients to come and have a flu vaccination
- We will arrange home visits for those who are housebound
- Once you recieve your invite you can make your appointment online or telephone the surgery to book an appointment
- We will ask you to attend alone to help us maintain social distancing
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.